Pimples are a common skin problem that can occur at any age. They usually appear on the face, neck, chest, and back. According to Ayurveda, pimples are caused by an imbalance in the three doshas - Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. In this blog post, we'll discuss the causes of pimples according to Ayurveda and how to treat them using Ayurvedic remedies.
Causes of Pimples According to Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, an imbalance in the three doshas is considered the primary cause of pimples. Pitta dosha imbalance, caused by excessive consumption of oily and spicy foods, alcohol, and smoking, can lead to pimples. Hormonal changes during puberty, menstruation, and pregnancy can also cause Pitta imbalance and pimples. Kapha dosha imbalance, caused by consuming sweet and salty foods and leading a sedentary lifestyle, can also cause pimples. Vata imbalance, caused by skipping meals, irregular meal timings, and excessive physical activity, can also lead to pimples.
Treating Pimples According to Ayurveda
Ayurveda emphasizes treating the root cause of the problem, not just the symptoms. Thus, Ayurvedic remedies for pimples aim to balance the three doshas to prevent pimples from occurring.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for treating pimples:
- Triphala: Triphala, a combination of three fruits, can balance all three doshas in the body. It can be consumed orally or applied topically to the affected area.
- Neem: Neem, a natural blood purifier, can detoxify the body, reducing the occurrence of pimples.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation caused by pimples. It also helps reduce the appearance of scars left by pimples.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has antimicrobial properties that can kill the bacteria causing pimples. It also has a cooling effect on the skin, reducing inflammation.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood has a soothing effect on the skin, reducing inflammation caused by pimples. It also has antimicrobial properties that can kill the bacteria causing pimples.
- Avoid oily and spicy foods: Consuming oily and spicy foods can cause Pitta imbalance, leading to pimples. Therefore, it is essential to avoid such food items.
- Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can cause Pitta imbalance, leading to pimples. Therefore, it is essential to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
Pimples can be caused by an imbalance in the three doshas according to Ayurveda. Ayurvedic remedies for pimples aim to balance the doshas to prevent pimples from occurring. Eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, and avoiding oily and spicy foods can also help prevent pimples. By following these Ayurvedic remedies, you can achieve clear and healthy skin, free from pimples
Sesa Ayurveda’s new launch- Acne Relief Juice is a 100% natural, Ayurvedic solution for acne-prone skin. Made with 16 handpicked herbs it prevents breakouts, fights acne, promotes skin repair and reduces dark spots while balancing tri-doshas and detoxifying blood.